Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Edgecutter Exclusive Review: "DIRECTV HS17 - Genie 2"

Streaming may be coming but it's a long way from becoming the mainstream norm. A sizeable portion of the population either isn't on the internet or can't get broadband. I live in a very rural area but I do have access to cable and public water because my home is located on a state road. The homes located on the roads that run off the state road do not have access to cable and public water. Spectrum is my internet provider. Currently I'm averaging Ping 14 ms, Download 118.30 Mbps and Upload 12.00 Mbps for which I pay $69.00 a month. It's not bad when it's working but I do suffer frequent buffering and outages. I have the option of increasing my download speed to 300 Mbps for $80.00 a month but it comes with a one time equipment upgrade fee of $200.00. Forum etiquette prevents me from saying what I told them they can do with that offer.
    DIRECTV customer since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
    Streaming may be coming but it's a long way from becoming the mainstream norm. A sizeable portion of the population either isn't on the internet or can't get broadband. I live in a very rural area but I do have access to cable and public water because my home is located on a state road. The homes located on the roads that run off the state road do not have access to cable and public water. Spectrum is my internet provider. Currently I'm averaging Ping 14 ms, Download 118.30 Mbps and Upload 12.00 Mbps for which I pay $69.00 a month. It's not bad when it's working but I do suffer frequent buffering and outages. I have the option of increasing my download speed to 300 Mbps for $80.00 a month but it comes with a one time equipment upgrade fee of $200.00. Forum etiquette prevents me from saying what I told them they can do with that offer.
    Hello MysteryMan, You and I are being overcharged when compared to Europe and Asia! We are getting less service and reliability to add insult to injury!!!!! With the basic economic situation of most of the US population the increases in costs verses increases in income are not sustainable! Something has to give and when that happens it won't be pretty! The overall system we are operating, as a country, is barely functioning. It is on a downward spiral and there is little incentive to improve anything when measurement is calculated in each quarter of a year!!!!

Edgecutter
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyf5 View Post
    Hello MysteryMan, You and I are being overcharged when compared to Europe and Asia! We are getting less service and reliability to add insult to injury!!!!! With the basic economic situation of most of the US population the increases in costs verses increases in income are not sustainable! Something has to give and when that happens it won't be pretty! The overall system we are operating, as a country, is barely functioning. It is on a downward spiral and there is little incentive to improve anything when measurement is calculated in each quarter of a year!!!!
    All true, now add the people who are running the FCC, and we went from bad to worse!