Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Windows 10 Download

Has anyone found a simple solution to the "auto start where you left off feature" they shoved down our throats? When I reboot I want a clean slate, not the programs that were open prior to reboot. I've been patient as all "fixes" I've read about entail registry changes or other machinations that shouldn't be necessary. I liked the world better when I owned my laptop instead of borrowing it from MicroSoft!
    DTV since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
    Has anyone found a simple solution to the "auto start where you left off feature" they shoved down our throats? When I reboot I want a clean slate, not the programs that were open prior to reboot. I've been patient as all "fixes" I've read about entail registry changes or other machinations that shouldn't be necessary. I liked the world better when I owned my laptop instead of borrowing it from MicroSoft!
    I am not sure I understand. When I restart, anything I had open is gone after the restart. Applications or Browsers have to be opened. Is this something in the latest update?

Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    I am not sure I understand. When I restart, anything I had open is gone after the restart. Applications or Browsers have to be opened. Is this something in the latest update?
    Same here. If there are any running applications when I select restart they either close by themselves or are closed manually. When the restart is complete there are no running applications.
    DIRECTV customer since 1995.

On two of my laptops, any open apps are restarted, even across a power down. Google "Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update"

REALLY ANNOYING!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
    Same here. If there are any running applications when I select restart they either close by themselves or are closed manually. When the restart is complete there are no running applications.
    DTV since 1996

You're not alone...all this hubub about apps not autostarting after an update is "normal". Geez. What's the big deal.

All someone has to do after the update is restart...and the PC will be back to whatever state it was prior to the update. Much to do about nothing.

DirecTV Customer since 1996
    CE participant since 2006

How interesting. See last page in the thread, apparently changing log in options is a workaround.

Even more glad now I dumped 1709 and went back to 1703. You can d/l 32 bit or 64 bit v1703 and reinstall that but you need to reinstall apps and data. I hesitated for 2 weeks before I finally did it but happier than ever. You may need the windows keys. I did not but be sure you have them just in case you have reactivate.

One reason of the restart feature historically is to fix a problem. Apparently MS wants to be like iOS and frankly, I would rather my iPad and iPhone restart with nothing running.

One reason of the restart feature historically is to fix a problem. Apparently MS wants to be like iOS and frankly, I would rather my iPad and iPhone restart with nothing running.
    Actually, I think that's been on Mac OS for more years than anything... But yeah, seems like an apple copy to me...