Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Download

Mine were saved, Outlook 2013

I was impressed how little I had to do after the upgrade was complete.

Made the transition to Windows 10 Pro yesterday (Was waiting for program update for compatibility with Windows 10). Download and install went well. No issues after install. Am very pleased with Windows 10 Pro.
    DIRECTV customer since 1995.

I tried to install Windows 10 in a Boot Camp partition of the 1 TB hard drive on my Mac. The process I planned was to first install 8.1 and then upgrade. I installed a 16 GB thumb drive and the 8.1 DVD got copied but when Boot Camp Assistant tried to install the necessary Windows support files the process just hung indefinitely without completing. I tried again but got the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by UHDFAN0001 View Post
    UPDATE:

Had my first glitch with WIN10 on my new desktop - installed a USB3.0 external WD My Book 5 TB drive...and WIN10 didn't seem to play nice at first.

Once I installed an SES 64-bit driver that was available on the WD website...all appears fine again.
    I experienced my first glitch yesterday. Some of the Apps on the taskbar were unresponsive to left clicks from my mouse. A restart resolved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bobnielsen View Post
    I tried to install Windows 10 in a Boot Camp partition of the 1 TB hard drive on my Mac. The process I planned was to first install 8.1 and then upgrade. I installed a 16 GB thumb drive and the 8.1 DVD got copied but when Boot Camp Assistant tried to install the necessary Windows support files the process just hung indefinitely without completing. I tried again but got the same result.
    Windows 10 has been amazing with drivers. The driver support is rather sublime.

However, I would be hard pressed to call a missing driver a glitch. It's bound to happen, only that technology moves so fast. I am glad you got it resolved quickly though. I like WD drives.
    HR54-500 - Samsung 48" 1080p
    H25-100 - Westinghouse 37" 1080p
    HTPC - Win10/WMC

I am glad to say I have updated 2 desktops and 2 laptops without any issues.

Forgot to mention it here, but on Sunday, October 4 I found a very specific (and it turns out correct) method for flashing the BIOS on my MSI x79 motherboard. This fixed the 'Intel Mangement Engine Interface' problem I was having and allowed me to install Win 10 the next day. Most amazing upgrade ever for me, blazingly fast on startup, and much better overall than Win 7. I'm happy
    Fred
    DIRECTV since November 1995

This morning I upgraded Windows 10 to the new version (Version: 1511, Build: 10586). For those who have yet to do this be prepared for a lengthy download and installation and a lengthy initial start up after installation is complete. A few new features have been added.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
    This morning I upgraded Windows 10 to the new version (Version: 1511, Build: 10586). For those who have yet to do this be prepared for a lengthy download and installation and a lengthy initial start up after installation is complete. A few new features have been added.
    Where the hell do you find that info? Never mind, I google and found out how.
    Last edited by Drucifer; 11-15-2015 at 07:19 AM.
    Drew
    Do It Right, Do It Once
    HR54-700, HR24-100 (2), HR24-500 (2), H25-500

Quote Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
    Where the hell do you find that info? Never mind, I google and found out how.
    Seek and ye shall find. Now do a search for Redstone, the next major update due in Summer of 2016.