Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile 55+ cell phone plan

Also happy I made the switch. I haven't even tried to use it, but I thought Netflix was included. No sweat to me if not though.

The only downside, if it applies, is you cannot add anything to the two phones, including a MiFi/hotspot device. You can run a hotspot from your phone but you can't have a separate device with it's own number.

The new bands were essential for me, all the new sites are on the new spectrum, and that is what is covering my house. I tested a T-Mo sim card in an older Samsung phone and had lousy coverage. Got a phone with the new bands in it and bingo!.

Can you Tmo folks with LG or Samsung phones talk and use the web at the same time?

I was told iPhone 6's and later can on Tmobile but concerned about newer Androids.

Thanks

I'm using an Amazon discounted Moto phone on T'mo, no problems at all. In my area, T'mo has great coverage.

For those trying to use WiFI, some phones can prioritize wifi where available.

Peace,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    Can you Tmo folks with LG or Samsung phones talk and use the web at the same time?

I was told iPhone 6's and later can on Tmobile but concerned about newer Androids.

Thanks
    Looks like you can: Voice and data simultaneously? : tmobile

Samsung G7: talk and use web at same time - yes. I think it more a capability/limitation of the phone than the carrier. T-Mobile LTE supports it (as well as voice over IP / wifi calling).

Well I made the jump. So far so good. But I did learn the included tethering on this plan is only 3G. They charge $10 extra per phone if you want LTE and you also get full Gogo vs 1 hour per flight. Still not a bad package even with adders. Will see if I need it over time.

Where'd you get the info on GoGo. This document says otherwise. Like you said, still a great plan IMO.

T-Mobile ONE™ Unlimited 55+ |T-Mobile Support

T-Mobile ONE™ Unlimited 55+ gives you one or two lines with:

• Unlimited minutes & messaging
    • Unlimited high-speed 4G LTE data on your smartphone
    • Optimized video streaming at DVD quality (480p)
    • Unlimited 3G hotspot/tethering
    • Stateside International Unlimited Texting
    • Limited domestic data roaming
    • Plan taxes and fees (sales tax and regulatory fees included in monthly service price)

Plus, you’ll get the great benefits of T-Mobile ONE such as:

• Simple Global: unlimited text and data roaming and low flat-rate calling in 140+ countries and destinations
    • Mobile Without Borders: talk, text, and surf the web in Mexico and Canada
    • Gogo: get access to texting all flight long and 1 free hour of smartphone Wi-Fi on all domestic Gogo-equipped flights on U.S.-based airlines
    • Un-contract: only you have the power to change the price you pay -- we guarantee your plan's price won't increase unless you decide to change it!
    • Carrier Freedom: we help cover your switching costs and you can even bring your own compatible device.
    • T-Mobile Tuesdays: get thanked with free stuff every week just for being a customer
    DTV - March 1996 through March 2018

The guy in the store asked me to pay $10 per line extra (1 or both lines) and he claims you then get LTE tethering and unlimited GoGo. It was the store manager and he was ready to add it. I didn't go for it. But I just tried it on a flight, the 1 hr is strictly enforced.

But if you are traveling alone, you can enter 1 phone number for the first hour, drop off, and then start over with the second number entered and get a second hour.

Also I learned you get the WiFi calling symbol active on GoGo but you can't call. And it takes about 2-4 minutes after you get GoGo access for the WiFi symbol to go from Red to White and then you can text as normal. And MMS pictures don't download.

Can you tether/bridge the 1 hour GoGo to your laptop or is it restricted to your phone? I'm guessing the later but
    Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    The guy in the store asked me to pay $10 per line extra (1 or both lines) and he claims you then get LTE tethering and unlimited GoGo. It was the store manager and he was ready to add it. I didn't go for it. But I just tried it on a flight, the 1 hr is strictly enforced.

But if you are traveling alone, you can enter 1 phone number for the first hour, drop off, and then start over with the second number entered and get a second hour.

Also I learned you get the WiFi calling symbol active on GoGo but you can't call. And it takes about 2-4 minutes after you get GoGo access for the WiFi symbol to go from Red to White and then you can text as normal. And MMS pictures don't download.
    Last edited by rakstr; 12-04-2017 at 03:45 AM.
    DTV - March 1996 through March 2018

Its phones only. No tablets or PC's. I read that somewhere.
    It worked OK, a bit slow on the phone so I can't imagine that a PC web screen would be a good experience. Email and txting worked ok on the phone.