Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Combined Account and Accessing DTV Site Assistance

AT&T Combined Account and Accessing DTV Site Assistance

I am hoping someone can help shed some light on those of us with combined billing being able to access DTV site. I am looking for someone to check their myatt info(the account tiles) to see if it may be an issue there or I may just be outa luck. I have tried many times working with tech chat to try and get this fixed since combining in June 2017. Below is information about what I see with myatt, what I can now currently access, and what is not workling.

MyATT (using my @att.net ID)shows my internet account number for both Internet and DTV (my bill shows my actual original 7 digit DTV account number) - Does your MyATT show the same or is your Internet Account number different from DTV (IE your Internet account # and your actual DTV Account # on the tile...not the bill)? My original DTV email information worked flawlessly (and no, they will not let me use it so long as I have combined billing...I have tried).

Can you successfully login to DTV Site using your ATT ID? (or do you always get sent directly to MyATT and cannot ever get to DTV through the actual DTV site....not the watch part in MyATT)

What is working and nor working for me:
    • MyATT works and I was able for like a month use the watch under DTV tile to see the guide at DTV (url does showed my original DTV Account #) and it no longer works.
    • DTV App finally allows me to login, but I see LA Locals, not Nashville; I can access certain channels not in my Select package, and the DVR registration always fails at authentication(yes I know how to get it to work).
    • HBO GO, Max GO, Starz apps work; Showtime Anytime gives not subscribed error(I have all the movie channels on my package)

I will be grateful if some will look at their information and share the answers above without specifically listing their account numbers.

Thanks.

P.S. I have searched high and low around different tech boards to try and figure this out. If the above is not the issue, how did you get them to get it fixed other than separating the accounts?
    Setup:
    DTV 1998-2018; now AT&T TV with 1 Gbps Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_A1 View Post
    Can you successfully login to DTV Site using your ATT ID? (or do you always get sent directly to MyATT and cannot ever get to DTV through the actual DTV site....not the watch part in MyATT)
    I do not personally have a combined account, but a friend of mine does. When she tried to log onto the DirecTV site using her AT&T id, she gets sent to AT&T. We were trying to look at the premium channel offers that I could see with my DirecTV only account, but she could not get to it. Could not find a way to see it through the AT&T site.

ok when you log onto myatt and go to your directv tile and on certain things you click it will take you to directv.com, some times i have to log in again with the same log in as myatt, i can also go direct to directv.com and log in. if you having problems logging in to DIRECTV.com call tech support you will evenly get to the right person to help you. the chat is useless. but the log in between dtv and att should be the same.

My internet account number on att is completely different than my DirecTV account number.
    You CAN get the old DirecTV login working. It takes a lot of patience, but if you find the right person it is quick and easy. Keep trying, my successful call was in the morning central time, between 8-9 am.

I had a lot of issues with this getting HBO GO to authenticate. I tried the same things as you have tried. My combined account would allow me into ESPN online, but all of the GO apps on ROKU or AppleTV wanted a DirecTV account login, which quit working after I combined my billing. After maybe 5 or 6 weeks and at least that many phone calls where the agent tried very hard to get this escalated with no luck at all, I finally got thru to someone who knew exactly what to do it took her less than 5 minutes to re-activate my old DirecTV login and everything started working again. Whole home to my iPad, remote control of DVR's and scheduling and I could activate the GO apps. I am sorry but I have no idea where she was or what level of CSR.

I know this is an old thread but I found this out today. I bought an nVidia shield and went to activate HBOGo on it. The hbogo activation page linked me back to the old DirecTV login page, great, the last few times I needed to do this it worked. Not this time. I Kept getting kicked out and then it "locked" my account. I called customer service and got a clueless rep who said it was HBO's problem and to contact them.
    After giving up for an hour or so I thought about it again and realized while I was poking around in my att account they had created an @att.net email address for me. I have never used it, but when I went to HBOgo.com it let me sign in with that email and my att password. Then when I tried to activate the app everything worked perfectly! So if you have been having issues try that phantom att email addy that they assigned you.

I hate they forced you to use their email address. I don’t ever want any communication of mine going through att servers...

That is the weird part i have never used it. Did not even know it was there. But it worked like a charm to activate HBOGo. Anyone having issues activating Go apps should look for that phantom email in their att account.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken984 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I found this out today. I bought an nVidia shield and went to activate HBOGo on it. The hbogo activation page linked me back to the old DirecTV login page, great, the last few times I needed to do this it worked. Not this time. I Kept getting kicked out and then it "locked" my account. I called customer service and got a clueless rep who said it was HBO's problem and to contact them.
    After giving up for an hour or so I thought about it again and realized while I was poking around in my att account they had created an @att.net email address for me. I have never used it, but when I went to HBOgo.com it let me sign in with that email and my att password. Then when I tried to activate the app everything worked perfectly! So if you have been having issues try that phantom att email addy that they assigned you.
    I don't know if you have att internet, but if so, you have an att email as well.
    Normally your Member ID or User Id is your email address.

Also, for who ever mentioned that the Chat is useless, I disagree, I use it with success most any time I have a question for them ....

Edgecutter
    Looks like its my turn to be forced into the migration. I have absolutely no AT&T service of any kind outside of Directv. I no longer can log into directv.com as it tells me to go to att.com. I received an email as well that states I have a new AT&T account number associated with my Directv account and everything will be handled from this point forward on the att.com site. My Directv account number of so many years is now non-existent and replaced with that new AT&T account number. All billing, etc will be handled by AT&T directly so I will have to update my bill pay service to the new account number, and AT&T address. I am told 2.5 million have been converted this way and they continue each day until everyone on Directv is migrated to the AT&T system with AT&T account numbers. So far I have not been able to login to att.com, they tell me it will complete in the next 24-48 hours and then I will be able to login to the att.com site. I was hoping this day would not happen but here it is. All this information I received from the Directv Customer Service Online Chat when I asked them why I cant log in to anything online. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience so far with account migration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I don't know if you have att internet, but if so, you have an att email as well.
    Normally your Member ID or User Id is your email address.

Also, for who ever mentioned that the Chat is useless, I disagree, I use it with success most any time I have a question for them ....
    I have to amend my statement ...

You can get an ATT internet without adding another email address.
    Typically if you do add one when your sign up it is your Member Id as well.