Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T Combined Account and Accessing DTV Site Assistance

It appears I changed my password for directv.com by signing up for the ATT forums. When I tried to sign up with my usual user name MAChavez00, it said it was being used. I tried the "forgot my password and entered my email. It took two days before it showed up. In the meantime I signed up with a new user name and my email. Today i tried to sign into directv.com and it told me my password was incorrect and has locked me out for one hour. I will try the att forum password then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinker View Post
    Looks like its my turn to be forced into the migration. I have absolutely no AT&T service of any kind outside of Directv. I no longer can log into directv.com as it tells me to go to att.com. I received an email as well that states I have a new AT&T account number associated with my Directv account and everything will be handled from this point forward on the att.com site. My Directv account number of so many years is now non-existent and replaced with that new AT&T account number. All billing, etc will be handled by AT&T directly so I will have to update my bill pay service to the new account number, and AT&T address. I am told 2.5 million have been converted this way and they continue each day until everyone on Directv is migrated to the AT&T system with AT&T account numbers. So far I have not been able to login to att.com, they tell me it will complete in the next 24-48 hours and then I will be able to login to the att.com site. I was hoping this day would not happen but here it is. All this information I received from the Directv Customer Service Online Chat when I asked them why I cant log in to anything online. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience so far with account migration.
    Well, they got to me last week. The transition was smoother, but I no longer can find useful information that I used to get on my DirecTV account. The site is designed for clueless customers, and ranks close to the help from the clueless CSR's.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.