Thread: ESPN 3 on HR 44

ESPN 3 on HR 44

Has ESPN 3 been discontinued on HR 44s? I am at my Oatents house and wanted to watch college baseball.

I know they never were on the HS 17 but was ESPN 3 removed from HRXX receivers? I get red button option but only shows all the other ESPN stations but not ESPN 3.

As far as I know, ESPN has incorporated all of the streaming into the WatchESPN app and website The ESPN app is available for smartphones, Rokus and many other devices. I watch such events on my Roku TV, and before that , on a standalone Roku. I used my DirecTV account information to enable it, and it available as a streaming service, as I understand it, with any service that provides the ESPN channels. But the WatchESPN app is not on the Genies.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Speer View Post
    As far as I know, ESPN has incorporated all of the streaming into the WatchESPN app and website The ESPN app is available for smartphones, Rokus and many other devices. I watch such events on my Roku TV, and before that , on a standalone Roku. I used my DirecTV account information to enable it, and it available as a streaming service, as I understand it, with any service that provides the ESPN channels. But the WatchESPN app is not on the Genies.
    Thanks for the response. You are correct. I watch on my Apple TV. I was asking when was it removed from the ESPN channels by pressing the red button? I know it was working as late as this past November.

Edgecutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookemfins View Post
    Thanks for the response. You are correct. I watch on my Apple TV. I was asking when was it removed from the ESPN channels by pressing the red button? I know it was working as late as this past November.
    In my experience, the ESPN3 row on the ESPN app on my HR44 only appears when they have content that is very recent (past couple of days) or very imminent (about to start in the next 15 minutes or so). Sometimes, there is nothing upcoming or recently available to us on ESPN3 on the genies so the row disappears. Most of the tournament content is on ESPN+ or the linear channels so it doesn't qualify for ESPN3. There is nothing on the ESPN College Extra channels either. I bet it will re-appear soon. Not everything that appears on my TV's ESPN app on ESPN3 appears on the HR44's red-button ESPN app version of ESPN3. I know it was there just last week.

I tuned espn and the pop up for the app came on. I selected an espn3 game. NIT game. No audio.