Thread: Welcome! Here are the rules!

Yes slooooooooow
    Might look at youtube tv

Quote Originally Posted by Pcampbell View Post
    Yes slooooooooow
    Might look at youtube tv
    I have a friend who loves Hulu TV FWIW

Edgecutter
    Almost done with the week of free DirecTV Now and it is OK so I have cancelled the satellite subscription. The DVR is a beta and acts like one but over the next year of so it should get better and I am getting used to navigating around the interface. The move saves me close to $100 a month and the package is almost the same. Only issue is they do not have the local CBS station yet, but I rarely watch CBS anyway and if I want it can just use the rabbit ears I already have.
    Sharon Evans

I'm a bit torn between PS Vue, and Directv Now. PS offers more feeds, and 3 of my 4 big networks. Directv Now only offers one local in my area. I have put up an antenna , so the locals are more of a convenience thing. But 5 feeds vs 2 with a possible 3rd for an extra $5 may win the day. If the osprey were to be available to me today, that would swing it back to Directv. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
    I'm a bit torn between PS Vue, and Directv Now. PS offers more feeds, and 3 of my 4 big networks. Directv Now only offers one local in my area. I have put up an antenna , so the locals are more of a convenience thing. But 5 feeds vs 2 with a possible 3rd for an extra $5 may win the day. If the osprey were to be available to me today, that would swing it back to Directv. Decisions, decisions.
    Are you going to use cloud DVR at all? If so, I'd choose PS Vue because you have the potentional to record more channels, including more locals.

I also don't see a PS Vue recordings storage hours limit, just a 28 days keep. Is that the same for both services?
    Last edited by Steve; 01-14-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Speaking of cloud DVRs, while I was looking at PS Vue FAQs, I noticed the following:
    ​​
    You can record live local shows in your home area.

You cannot record shows from on-demand channels.

There are no DVR scheduling conflicts.

Episodes of your show are stored for 28 days after the episode air date.

Play, pause, fast forwarding through commercials is available.

Watch My DVR outside your home area.

​If Vue doesn't have the DVR rights for a given program or channel, we’ll provide On Demand episodes in its place, if available.
    I don't understand that last "If Vue doesn't have the DVR rights" bit. Unless they mean the rights to view a recording of that channel out of home? When we record at home on our HR54s/HR17s/TiVos, there are no prohibitions to recording any channels or shows, are there? Or have I just never encountered a show with a "no record" flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Are you going to use cloud DVR at all? If so, I'd choose PS Vue because you have the potentional to record more channels, including more locals.

I also don't see a PS Vue recordings storage hours limit, just a 28 days keep. Is that the same for both services?
    For the most part I watch live. My wife is more in need of DVR service. Her big must is recording Jeopardy. Which brings on another little issue. I may have to pick up an Air TV box so I can stream and record locals using my Rokus. Stream Local HD Channels | AirTV

For the most part I watch live. My wife is more in need of DVR service. Her big must is recording Jeopardy. Which brings on another little issue. I may have to pick up an Air TV box so I can stream and record locals using my Rokus.
    Isn't there a Roku PS Vue app? Or is ABC the one big network you're missing with PS Vue?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Isn't there a Roku PS Vue app? Or is ABC the one big network you're missing with PS Vue?
    Yes there is a Roku app for PS VUE. The station I am missing would be the local CBS on which Jeopardy airs locally. Now the fun part is I can't get a reliable signal from that station OTA. However, I can pick up an NBC station out of Wilmington NC which airs it at the same time. Remember, shows like Jeopardy are syndicated and show up ON any station in a given market area.

Being as I am a transplanted New Yorker I too think of It as being on ABC.
    Last edited by rockaway1836; 01-14-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Being as I am a transplanted New Yorker I too think of It as being on ABC.
    D'oh!