Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome! Here are the rules!

Welcome! Here are the rules!

This site is proud to be the home for discussion of the DIRECTV NOW streaming service. Feel free to talk about what you like and don't like, what you want to see and what you hope is in store. Of course, all forum rules apply so please be nice to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Sweet View Post
    This site is proud to be the home for discussion of the DIRECTV NOW streaming service. Feel free to talk about what you like and don't like, what you want to see and what you hope is in store. Of course, all forum rules apply so please be nice to each other.
    Hello Stuart Sweet, I was wondering just if and when would start having DirecTV now incorporated. It is my hope that this will be a successful addition.
    Last edited by caseyf5; 06-20-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: I apologize. Bad typing plus worse proofreading

Quote Originally Posted by caseyf5 View Post
    Hello Stuart Swee, I was wondering just if and when would start having DirecTV now incorporated. It is my hope that this will be a successful addition.
    Swee?

Yeah I hope that we'll get some traction here. Right now there really isn't a place for people to talk about DIRECTV NOW other than reddit and ATT's official forum. Neither of those places have historically appealed to people here.

Thanks for starting this I now have now and tonight my sat. directv will be turned off. not sure what to do about checking in and all that. will post shortly about my first day with now.
    Last edited by steven-h; 06-29-2018 at 10:43 PM.

OK here is what I have done. I installed a TiVo Roamio OTA VOX with ALL-IN Service in living room and a TiVo Mini VOX 4K in bedroom. I purchased these from Weaknees who modified with larger hard drive.
    So far all is fine I can get netflix etc on these but not Directv now. For that I have a roku in each room. I receive all and I mean all local off air channels and subchannels and can record and playback in either location. There are four receivers in the Roamio. So far as I can tell I am having a hard time continuing to think I need directv at all. I will keep at least for three months.

Update. After reading all the posts about Directv Now and thinking about mine I have cancelled Directv Now. With Tivo and its ability to record all OTA programs and Roku and its ability to view and play back streaming content there is no need for other services.
    Last edited by steven-h; 07-07-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steven-h View Post
    OK here is what I have done. I installed a TiVo Roamio OTA VOX with ALL-IN Service in living room and a TiVo Mini VOX 4K in bedroom. I purchased these from Weaknees who modified with larger hard drive.
    So far all is fine I can get netflix etc on these but not Directv now. For that I have a roku in each room. I receive all and I mean all local off air channels and subchannels and can record and playback in either location. There are four receivers in the Roamio. So far as I can tell I am having a hard time continuing to think I need directv at all. I will keep at least for three months.

Update. After reading all the posts about Directv Now and thanking about mine I have cancelled Directv Now. With Tivo and its ability to record all OTA programs and Roku and its ability to view and play back streaming content there is no need for other services.
    Not sure if you knew or not, but the Tivo Roamios can be updated to 3Tb or less hard drives in about 10 minutes. Just open the box up (1 screw and some tabs) then pop in the new one. It's does everything else for you. As far as apps on the Tivo, don't expect any additional other that those already installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jagrim View Post
    Not sure if you knew or not, but the Tivo Roamios can be updated to 3Tb or less hard drives in about 10 minutes. Just open the box up (1 screw and some tabs) then pop in the new one. It's does everything else for you. As far as apps on the Tivo, don't expect any additional other that those already installed.
    Hello jagrim, I am curious as to the comment that anyone using the Tivo Roamios shouldn't expect any additional apps. Is this just for the Roamios only or does it apply to all Tivo's? The replacing of the original hard drive with a larger one seems to be easy enough. Does it affect the warranty? Way too many companies have ridiculous policies covering warranties. I have never had a Tivo but who knows what might happen in the future.

Let's not turn this into another TiVo thread please. I'm sure you can find a place in the Off Topic forum for discussions of that platform.

Not ready to cut the cord yet, but would be nice if I did. As we go back and forth between home and camp, it would be useful. At camp trees obstruct the satellites, but we have Internet. One of the things I watch most, is the sports package, without it DirecTV Now wouldn't be of much use to me, but would work for my wife.

Hopefully as time progresses they will add the sports channels in the 600s.

Never needed TV on a Cruise.