Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIRECTV NOW New Feature Requests

DIRECTV NOW New Feature Requests

What would make you jump into DIRECTV NOW with both feet? Let's hear from you!

Probably better DVR features... It's limited to 30 days for recordings, right?

Oh, and they need to have all my local channels.

Then I might consider it.
    Last edited by GoBeavs; 06-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    DIRECTV customer since '99

1. Add all local channels
    2. Allow recording all local channels
    3. Add NFL Sunday Ticket

All local channels.
    All local channels record.
    And ability to skip commercials when playing back my recordings
    (I understand On Demand may not have this)

Most important: I am away from home and I can tune and playback my local channels.
    No pain, no "you are already streaming another program"
    The Directv app for Android and iOS is horrible for this basic function.

And typical Sat channels 200-650.

Nothing fancy, just work reliably. Record and playback anything I choose with FF and RW on my recordings.
    And reasonable price.
    Last edited by NR4P; 06-20-2018 at 01:42 PM.

DVR storage for the longer than 1 month or even 3 months. I usually save stuff on my DVRs for quite awhile.
    ALL local channels.
    Include MLB Extra Innings/ the RSN sports channels so we can see pre and post game.

Since Hurricane Irma came through last year I have believed that as Directv subs, I think it should be included automatically. Because of rain fade I'd like to watch TV on my big TV instead of on my iPad on a Directv app that doesn't always give me ALL my chancels and has other failures as well. I figured I would throw it out there but I also realize that an Orioles-Marlins world series has a better chance than my proposal.

The exact same features/channels as "real" DirecTV...that is what it would take for me.
    Jeff - Brewmaster of Wire Biter Home Brewery Hidden Content

RSN’s for MLB. Only reason I have not cut the cord.

How many channels can you record at once? And if the storage spaces isnt equivalent to 1000 hours per account and 500 series look his and stores stuff for up to a year or more it’s not as good as a real DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by inkahauts View Post
    How many channels can you record at once? And if the storage spaces isnt equivalent to 1000 hours per account and 500 series look his and stores stuff for up to a year or more it’s not as good as a real DVR.
    I used the Optimum "cloud DVR" for over a year. 15 recording tuners, unlimited series links, ~100 hours of storage and no storage time limit, AFAIK. That struck a nice balance for us, because we're both retired and tend to watch everything we record within a couple of weeks of airing. I've since moved to a Bolt+ with 3TB of storage. (About 450 hours HD, I think.) I save lots of shows because I can, but rarely go back and watch any of the old stuff.

The key DVR feature for me, whether via local or cloud DVR, is the ability to skip commercials. Hopefully the D* Now 20 hour recording limit isn't intended to encourage you to watch more on demand... and commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I used the Optimum "cloud DVR" for over a year. 15 recording tuners, unlimited series links, ~100 hours of storage and no storage time limit, AFAIK. That struck a nice balance for us, because we're both retired and tend to watch everything we record within a couple of weeks of airing. I've since moved to a Bolt+ with 3TB of storage. (About 450 hours HD, I think.) I save lots of shows because I can, but rarely go back and watch any of the old stuff.

The key DVR feature for me, whether via local or cloud DVR, is the ability to skip commercials. Hopefully the D* Now 20 hour recording limit isn't intended to encourage you to watch more on demand... and commercials.
    Good point.