Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto record of sports on channels we don't get

Auto record of sports on channels we don't get

As in the title, Auto record of sports on channels we don't get continues, and I've not read of any way to fix that. But could have missed a discussion.

Is there a way to direct it to record my games in MLB and NFL only on channels I receive?

I've had a bolean search set up for quite awhile for a couple of my favorite teams and it works flawlessly.

I finally set up the sports search on my favorite teams last week instead. And yes, it keeps recording games on channels I don't get. Last week it recorded the Detroit Tigers game on two channels I didn't get, but didn't record it on a channel I do get.

I had no idea it did that. I've since deleted those and went back to my bolean searches

Thanks, man.
    This morning I deleted my baseball team, and then reset it. So far, for the next few games, it got it right. Fingers crossed.

Any chance you can be there with the tv on when one of those games is about to start to see if your units are performing game searches? Mine do game searches all the time and find the right channel after recording a second of the game on the wrong channel.I have never actually missed a game, so whats different I wonder?

Ah, good idea. For ball games I am normally out when they start, but I will try that out- although now it seems straightened out. However, in the past there have been "recordings" of nothing, and no recordings of the game. That's one reason I'd comb the To Do list and delete the wrong channels and add the right ones.

I have an auto-record set for "my" baseball team, but it's very rare that I actually watch the recording (I prefer to watch live, even if I start late) -- however, if I did, I'd be annoyed by the fact that it records the game on the lowest possible channel number. To me, it's not really a recording of "my" team unless it's their own game broadcast, assuming one is available.

Try deleting your team, exit out of menu, come back and re-add it. It has worked for me for all of three days now!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxguy View Post
    Ah, good idea. For ball games I am normally out when they start, but I will try that out- although now it seems straightened out. However, in the past there have been "recordings" of nothing, and no recordings of the game. That's one reason I'd comb the To Do list and delete the wrong channels and add the right ones.

Ok, see you screw it up.. You start messing with the to do list to change what channel it will record on and you mess up what it would do otherwise... You have to leave it alone and let it figure it out on its own. Changing the to do list means you override manually anything it might have down on its own. One reason I say people shouldn't go looking in their to do list. They screw up what it will do if something happens to an episode. If you manually alter it, it will never automatically catch it again if it was missed due to some unforeseen event coming up... like a power outage. Because you CANCELED its recording.

No need for a lecture.

Whatever happened to throw my recordings off is in the past, and seems to be in good order now.

I don't trust the sports search feature anymore, even for browsing upcoming events. I have seen too many omissions, games listed on the wrong channel, and other annoyances.

For example, for a period of time last season, the feature failed to find any NHL games that involved the Arizona Coyotes. I discovered the problem when they played the Avalanche, one of my teams, and the game never showed up in the sports menu. The issue was fixed eventually, but it was broken for the majority of the season.

For recording events, I have had much better luck with boolean auto-records, such as AVALANCHE CCHAN 681 & Show Type: Events. This doesn't catch games on national TV, but I add those manually since they are infrequent enough.