Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile 55+ cell phone plan

T-Mobile 55+ cell phone plan

Just curious if others are on this plan. I switched last Friday and have been pleasantly surprised. I had 2 iPhone 6's on an AT&T 3GB family plan with a FAN discount and was paying $86.00 a month. The T-Mobile plan is $60.00 a month unlimited data, text and calling for 2 lines. I am still ahead even losing my $10.00 DirecTV bundle discount. My local store helped me through the unlocking process and porting went through immediately. AT&T prompted me to change my user ID so I can still manage DirecTV through them.

The service has been excellent and it seems my browsing is faster and calls are clearer with no dropouts. I also use Wi-fi calling and it seems to work better then the AT&T version. I signed up for T-mobile Tuesdays and got a free Redbox rental and $.30 cents a gallon off of a Shell fill up. We will see how it goes in the long run, but there is no commitment and I can switch to something different anytime if I need to.

Is the data truly unlimited or throttled at some point? I'm reluctant to give up my Virgin Mobile $35 plan with unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data (throttled after that). I've never used all of it, but I also don't do any streaming on my phone because of the limit.
    Last edited by Texas-mark; 09-08-2017 at 07:40 PM.

I thought the TV ad for Tmobile limits all video to 480p. Like Streamsaver on AT&T but on AT&T you can turn Streamsaver off.

T-Mobile ONE for Age 55 Plus | 2 Unlimited Lines for $60/Mo. For Life

55yr old+ get 2 lines with unlimited talk, text and LTE data on America’s best unlimited network for $60/mo. with AutoPay.

Min. age 55. On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion the top 3% of data users (>32GB/mo.) may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480p). Sales tax & regulatory fees included in mo. service price. Tethering at max 3G speeds.

That’s a pretty good deal if you have good tmobile service in your area. And don’t care about Hi Definition video. Which I am guessing a lot of seniors do not.

I looked at their coverage and there is no LTE where I live. In fairness, the closest cell tower of any carrier is 12 miles away.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check into it. I've got Verizon, and coverage at my house sucks. It's great everyplace else, just bad at my house. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Leon View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check into it. I've got Verizon, and coverage at my house sucks. It's great everyplace else, just bad at my house. Oh well....
    The Wi-Fi calling works great if your phones support it. So far around town service is on par or better then AT&T. Will see how it does when I travel. MLB, You Tube and DirecTV apps seem to do fine even if they are 480P.

I stopped in to check compatibility of my phones. They said they wanted $25 per sim for the change over. Seems high, others are about $6. Other than that it seemed like a decent deal. Need to see if I can get them down on the sim charge!
    DTV - March 1996 through March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by rakstr View Post
    I stopped in to check compatibility of my phones. They said they wanted $25 per sim for the change over. Seems high, others are about $6. Other than that it seemed like a decent deal. Need to see if I can get them down on the sim charge!
    They told me $25.00 per sim also, then offered to refund it over 2 months. Then finally gave in and did not charge me. This was the store manager so they do have some leeway.
    She also submitted my unlock request to AT&T and it was processed within a couple of hours.