Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on dealing with AT&T

Update on dealing with AT&T

When I cut the cord a very nasty cs rep told me my internet would go up quite a bit and so I cancelled that too.

I now receive an email saying the money they owe me will be sent by check and I should receive it in in a month or two. Now I paid by credit card and they should refund by card imminently.

Now I received a letter in mail saying I cancelled U-verse TV service and they want me back to Direct TV Select all-included TV Package for
    $35.00 a month for one year and in very small print plus tax see back for details Genie HD DVR Upgrade 299.00 value free. Standard Professional installation and at no extra charge HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax free for first 3 months.

I remember when people like this were locked up for their own protection and that of the public.

What is the issue/your point exactly? I don't see anything unusual.

I'm not the OP, but I helped my brother use the Mover's Connection yesterday to move and upgrade, and I was shocked at what he was being given. He currently has two HR2x DVRs and two H2x receivers, and wanted 4K. I told him he might get an HS17 or HR54 and depending on which, he might lose his DVRs, but at a minimum he'd need one 4k Genie Mini and we'd go from there. Well, the call was over an hour and a half and it was like Christmas in September! After getting the $199 movers fee charged on the next bill, he'll get Movies Extra free for 3 months, get Playboy TV free for 6 months, and will get $60 account credit for 12 months. On the equipment side he's getting the HR54 free, plus (2) C61K Genie Minis free. My brother hasn't asked for any kind of upgrades in over 6 years, so I guess they felt he was overdue??? He's getting over $400 in "free" equipment and about $830 in account credits. Yes, he has a 2 year contract, but ... wow.

So like I said, I'm not the OP, but perhaps it can be said that sometimes you play CSR Roulette and can get a runaround, or can strike gold. My brother struck gold yesterday ...
    Last edited by Drew2k; 09-25-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Uugh ... basic typo (to --> two)

That is a nice deal. One caution. While both C61Ks can be used at the same time, the HR54 serves only one 4K stream at a time. So if he plans on more than one 4K TV in next two years, a HS17 may be a better choice.

But then one more mini is needed since the HS17 doesn't connect to a TV like a HR54.

Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    That is a nice deal. One caution. While both C61Ks can be used at the same time, the HR54 serves only one 4K stream at a time. So if he plans on more than one 4K TV in next two years, a HS17 may be a better choice.

But then one more mini is needed since the HS17 doesn't connect to a TV like a HR54.
    Thanks for reminding me about the single 4k stream. I had told him all the other differences (7 tuners versus 5, no PIP on HS17, etc.) but forgot that one limitation for the HR54. The good news he currently only has one 4K TV, so he'll cross that bridge later!

but the hr54 would allow him to keep the dvrs he had, only the receivers would need replaced

hs17 has 100 timers
    hr54 has 100 timers
    each dvr has 50 timers

Right, he's getting an HR54 and two C61K mini Genie's, so he'll keep one of his HR2x DVRs and replace his two receivers and other HR2x DVR with the two new clients and HR54 Genie.

Since this topic has nothing to do with DirectvNow, maybe it should be moved to the Off Topic Forum!!

Per requests, this thread is moved to the off topic forum. There is a 2-week re-direct on the original forum.
    Carl

I had an interesting experience with AT&T on Saturday Sept. 29.

A significant 12 month promo credit has expired on my account. You know, the one they give you in return for a 1 year commitment. Figured I would try to get it back.
    Got to the Loyalty department but the guy was not very forthcoming. Suggested to cut my plan back by about 50 channels, drop a TV, go to direct payment with credit card, all in all, about $22 savings. I said No thank you.

Waited 5 minutes, called back, again Loyalty department and this time a woman said that I have been with Directv for 20 years and she would get someone on the phone to take care of me. I was thanked for being loyal for 20 years, given a new 12 months promotion, which was more credit than last year, a Visa card with a significant cash balance and then, she throws in Sunday Ticket Max (I know, cancel before next season). All I asked for was the 12 mos credit!

I essentially got a new customer deal, in return for 1 year commitment.
    This person made me feel valued.

So as others point out, play CSR roulette and you can strike gold.