Thread: DirecTV Masters in 4K is awful.

DirecTV Masters in 4K is awful.

The Masters showing on channels 105 and 106 looks awful. Definition is blurry and colors are pallid.

I checked to make sure my TV (Q9FN) is seeing a UHD HDR signal from DirecTV, and it is. I checked to see how my picture adjustments work for 4K from Youtube -- that still looks great. It's not me; it's them.

If you compare 105 to 704, I see a higher resolution picture on 105, but the all the colors look muted, no contrast. I would watch 704, except 105 has less commercials.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

I tried again with the PGA tournament now being shown on several channels, but got the same result: DirecTV free 4k is no good (I didn't try any pay 4k movies).

I upped my internet service speed from 20mgps to 50mgps (nominal), and the 4k I get streaming from Youtube looks great (at only 20mgps I could get 4k, but not at top quality). I couldn't get 4k coverage from an independent source to compare with DirecTV channel 105, but I do get PGA HD streaming over Amazon Prime. The HD coverage all looks good, and better than DirecTV's 4k coverage.

Greg-

Make sure your setting for DIRECTV® is in HDR.

I have had some fine pictures in 4K, and some not so good. The PGA broadcast was good, not spectacular.