Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWiM needs sporadic reset but only affects 8 out of 24 receivers

I thought about the SWM-16 and MOCA issue so the SWM-32 will fix that since there's supposedly no data crossover.

The SWM-32 is in and the Polarity Locker is coming today so I will swap things out soon and report back.

If this doesn't fix things then it will be time to pull new coax and I'm not looking forward to that at 2am!

You could have tested the DECA thing by using a $3 BSF instead of an expensive SWM32

Doesn't make sense it would have to do with DECA anyway, since the frequencies involved don't overlap with SWM where you were seeing 771/775 errors.

There are two issues:
    -The "troubled 8" that like to lose the satellite signal.
    -Some receivers that lose internet connectivity once and a while.

I know they have nothing to do with each other. The SWM-32 might help with one or both issues plus I hear it runs cooler than the SWM-16s.
    Should be able to test this out soon and will report back. As always, thanks to all who have helped.

I didn't even know you could still buy SWM32s since the DSWM30 came out...

Got mine on Amazon for $99.

Update: Installed the SWM-32 and Polarity Locker this morning at 7am and everything is up and running. Fingers crossed that the "troubled 8" are no more and I will keep you all posted.
    Again, thanks to everyone who helped!

It's been 5 days now and all TVs have been solid! The SWM-32 and Polarity Locker did the trick. I found another SWM-32 for $50 so ordered it to have a back-up.
    Thanks again to all who have helped!