Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epix is now available on Directv

Epix is now available on Directv

I read something earlier (a week ago?) that Directv has signed an agreement with Epix and it would start on the 19th. I just checked the guide and it is shown. I had to subscribe by phone. It seems that it happened so fast they haven't had the time to set it up at the website or via text.
    Channel 558-560
    DirecTV subscriber since 1999

W9ALN

Epix aired at 06:00 eastern time this morning. I tried calling the DIRECTV number, the Protection Plan number and the Retention number. All I got was a recording stating they were down and to call back at 08:00 "local time". I called again after 08:00 and had to explain to the agent what Epix was before she could find it in her system and add it to my DIRECTV subscription (after three attempts). There's been a lot of reports of people trying to add Epix via chat or text and having difficulty getting it added to their DIRECTV subscription. To add to all of this DIRECTV hasn't been added to the list of providers for the Epix app. There's also been a lot of reports of people not getting the newly added CNNI channel 358 regardless of which package they subscribe to.
    DIRECTV customer since 1995.

I believe there's a freeview stating today.

Edit: oops, it’s a movie pack freeview.
    Last edited by MAChavez00; 05-22-2019 at 02:32 AM.

I noticed this message on the EPIX website this morning "Welcome to EPIX! We're excited you're here and we can't wait to offer our DIRECTV subscribers access to EPIX.com and the EPIX apps. Check back soon or contact EPIX Customer Support for more assistance". Looks like we'll have access to the EPIX app sooner than later.

In my honest opinion AT&T is trying to get Epix up and running as quickly as possible on D* considering as of 5/19/19 only the linear channels are up. We still don't have Epix On Demand and we don't have access to Epix.com and the Epix app. I personally sent an email to Epix on 5/20/19 asking about their website and app and was assured it was "coming very soon".

I don't think AT&T will offer existing customers a free preview until they can get all of Epix up. They most likely know there are existing customers who have been wanting Epix that will sign up on Day 1 and wait until the rest of the services (like Epix.com and Epix app) is running. My friend that works at an AT&T call center said the only free offer for Epix right now is for new customers who sign up for D* have the option at signup to get Epix free for 3 months similar to the other premium channels like HBO.

In my own personal opinion I think the reason AT&T is trying to get Epix up as quickly as possible is because Pennyworth premieres on July 28. It's Epix first show that is not produced by MGM or one of its former owners (Lionsgate & Paramount) and Pennyworth is a DC Comics character owned by Warner Bros. (which is now owned by AT&T). If I was a betting man I would expect AT&T to offer an Epix free preview during the premiere of Pennyworth because by that time they should have everything up and running. I personally don't think AT&T would have added Epix to D* so soon if it wasn't for Epix ordering Pennyworth to series prior to AT&T's acquisition of WarnerMedia.

FYI I found AT&T's DTV Epix webpage which isn't linked to their premium page or regular sitemap currently and it says D* will have On Demand too.
    Last edited by techguy88; 05-22-2019 at 10:24 PM.

The Epix suite of channels supposedly went live last Sunday, 5/19. I called in and ordered the channels on Sunday. After wasting over an hour on the phone, the channels were not live on my end. I was told to wait 24-48 hours for the channels to go live on my account. I waited quite a bit over their 48 hour time frame and gave them another call. As of now, the channels are still not active and I was informed that Engineering was handling the issue now. The last I heard was that the channels should be live "soon". Is anyone on here receiving / viewing those channels now?
    Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve615 View Post
    The Epix suite of channels supposedly went live last Sunday, 5/19. I called in and ordered the channels on Sunday. After wasting over an hour on the phone, the channels were not live on my end. I was told to wait 24-48 hours for the channels to go live on my account. I waited quite a bit over their 48 hour time frame and gave them another call. As of now, the channels are still not active and I was informed that Engineering was handling the issue now. The last I heard was that the channels should be live "soon". Is anyone on here receiving / viewing those channels now?
    I have been receiving/viewing the Epix channels since ordering them early Sunday morning and they are still working as I reply to your post. You need to call DIRECTV again.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
    I have been receiving/viewing the Epix channels since ordering them early Sunday morning and they are still working as I reply to your post. You need to call DIRECTV again.
    Thanks, I will be giving them another call, indeed.
    Cheers,
    Steve

I have a friend that works in the local call center in my area and he told me that AT&T has some free previews of Epix scheduled in July around the time Pennyworth is set to premiere on July 28th. He said the dates are:

DirecTV Epix - 1 Month Free Preview July 19 - August 17, 2019
    U-Verse Epix - Weekend Free Preview July 25 - 28, 2019

WOW! I just found Epix this morning scrolling through the guide! I instantly ordered it right away online...I’ve wanted Epix for ages! I’m sooo pleased!