Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIVE4K Channel 105 Not working

LIVE4K Channel 105 Not working

Anyone have any clue how to get channel 105 working?

I've had 4k for a while and everything worked fine. I haven't watched anything in 4k since march madness, but everything was working fine. Now I try to watch the women's world cup and channel 105 is getting a 721 error. The other 3 4k channels work.

On the phone with DTV for 1 hour and they have no clue what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    Anyone have any clue how to get channel 105 working?

I've had 4k for a while and everything worked fine. I haven't watched anything in 4k since march madness, but everything was working fine. Now I try to watch the women's world cup and channel 105 is getting a 721 error. The other 3 4k channels work.

On the phone with DTV for 1 hour and they have no clue what to do.
    Not isolated to directv. The 4K feed is down on Verizon and someone else also

It's also supposed to be on FS1 HD, and they just finished a NASCAR race and are in a pregame for MLB. Channel 105 is now showing a World Cup slate, but no live activity.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

I'm able to see 105 now will have to check tomorrow to see if I can watch it when there is programming on.

Worked this morning for the 1st game, back to not working. I guess DTV didn't get rights to show 4k games that are on FOX? They shouldn't advertise all games being available if that is going to happen.

Worked this morning for the 1st game, back to not working. I guess DTV didn't get rights to show 4k games that are on FOX? They shouldn't advertise all games being available if that is going to happen.
    They are blacked out if they are on your local fox. Always been this way

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspot View Post
    They are blacked out if they are on your local fox. Always been this way
    Not with other sports though, at least that I've seen. Usually they are available are on both unless I've always watched things on cable channels.

Since it appears that is the case, it is terrible marking as the At&t website for 4k doesn't even mention the them being blacked out.

Not with other sports though, at least that I've seen. Usually they are available are on both unless I've always watched things on cable channels.

Since it appears that is the case, it is terrible marking as the At&t website for 4k doesn't even mention the them being blacked out.
    Happens all the time with me with regards to baseball and it happened with hockey also... If my local team was part of the 4K broadcast and was also being televised on my local RSN or local channel, I was blacked out of the 4K Broadcast.

FIOS users are having the same issue

Good explanation here

Directv II HD/4k - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    Last edited by johnnyspot; 06-09-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspot View Post
    Happens all the time with me with regards to baseball and it happened with hockey also... If my local team was part of the 4K broadcast and was also being televised on my local RSN or local channel, I was blacked out of the 4K Broadcast.

FIOS users are having the same issue

Good explanation here

Directv II HD/4k - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    Thanks, I think the MLB games I've watched must have been on FS1 and not FOX. Then I think NBC made arrangements to force ND games to be allowed.

Really stupid by stations, I guess we are going back to HD launch times. Stations need to be made to either upgrade or lose any blackout rights to higher resolution signals.

Stations need to be made to either upgrade or lose any blackout rights to higher resolution signals.

Never going to happen. Stations don't care about resolution, they care about ad revenue. They'd never accept some mandate that forces them to lose ad revenue if they don't spend a ton of money for an upgrade that doesn't add anything to their bottom line.

When ATSC 3.0 comes it will be used for more subchannels, not 4K. Just look at how stations today keep adding more and more subchannels and degrading their HD signal.

There was a reason for the HD upgrade, because it went along with an upgrade from analog to digital. They don't have any financial incentive to care about 4K, even if/when networks make a 4K feed available.