Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential CBS Dispute

Anyone know why this affects all of DirectvNow instead of just the local channels for where you are at? I would think DTV has the same contracts with the local stations for streaming, so not understanding why CBS controls streaming for all non-O&O CBS stations.

Locast is working on and off here in the Los Angeles area. Sometimes it gives an error TV apps are not available. When it is working I find it's a bit unstable switching back and fort between a SD and HD video. At one point after switching for about 5-10 minutes it stayed on HD for awhile. It's also on apple tv and seems to work much better with more sub channels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    They added a bunch of additional channels to the database a while back, and reintroduced scanning to Genies which would let you get stations not in the database like low power/class A signals.

That might not be your AM21. A bunch of stations across the country are currently broadcasting at a reduced power from temporary antennas lower on their tower so crews can replace the main antennas to get ready for the repack. Many broadcasting antennas are fixed to a specific frequency, so those stations have to replace their antenna with one for their new frequency.
    It's definitely my AM21. My TVs tuners get nice strong signals and I'm only 8 miles with clear line of site of downtown (Sears Tower & John Hancock).

Agreed that Locast works better on a dedicated streaming platform than on DIRECTV. Having an antenna works best of all if you get service.

I am quite prepared for this sort of thing, with an OTA DVR, antenna, and locast. If I really wanted to, or if I cared, I could take a free month of CBS All Access as well. But first there would need to be something on my local CBS station that I care about right now.

I'm sure this will be resolved well before NFL starts up, and even then I could work around KCBS if I had to. Kudos to AT&T for not caving on what I am led to believe were some very unreasonable demands.

BTW, those of you who are in affected areas might want to call AT&T and see if they will send you a free LCC. It works just like an AM21 and is newer technology. Still doesn't support Genie 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    Anyone know why this affects all of DirectvNow instead of just the local channels for where you are at? I would think DTV has the same contracts with the local stations for streaming, so not understanding why CBS controls streaming for all non-O&O CBS stations.
    Yes DIRECTV NOW is showing the same slide as regular DIRECTV Satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Sweet View Post
    Agreed that Locast works better on a dedicated streaming platform than on DIRECTV. Having an antenna works best of all if you get service.

I am quite prepared for this sort of thing, with an OTA DVR, antenna, and locast. If I really wanted to, or if I cared, I could take a free month of CBS All Access as well. But first there would need to be something on my local CBS station that I care about right now.

I'm sure this will be resolved well before NFL starts up, and even then I could work around KCBS if I had to. Kudos to AT&T for not caving on what I am led to believe were some very unreasonable demands.

BTW, those of you who are in affected areas might want to call AT&T and see if they will send you a free LCC. It works just like an AM21 and is newer technology. Still doesn't support Genie 2 though.
    Would be great for engineering for who we test software for would give us an idea why the HS17 isn’t supported as we have no options right now

Person Non Gratis
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspot View Post
    Would be great for engineering for who we test software for would give us an idea why the HS17 isn’t supported as we have no options right now
    Yes, that would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspot View Post
    We know why it's not supported. There's no driver for it and no plan to write one.

Person Non Gratis
    We know why it's not supported. There's no driver for it and no plan to write one.
    Well that sucks!

Wow. Tad condescending no?

You may have known but clearly people here didn’t

And this sucks with probably several hundred thousand people blacked out from CBS and Nexstar stations who have a HS17 and now have no antenna option.

Hope this gets resolved by football season or would not be surprised if the cancellations pile up
    Last edited by johnnyspot; 07-24-2019 at 02:15 AM.