Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Potential CBS Dispute

Person Non Gratis
    Quote Originally Posted by alnielsen View Post
    I have no problem pushing 2 buttons on the TV remote to switch from HDMI/Sat to the OTA antenna. The only thing the LLC gives you is the ability to record OTA programs.
    The ability to record is kind of a big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    This has been going on long enough, Does anyone have a good number or language to use to get a LCC sent to me? I thought I saw something in a post, but can't find anything in the search function.
    I called the regular 1-800-531-5000 number, asked the automated system for "technical support" and then "missing channels." When I got to a live agent, I just said I wanted to order a Local Channel Connector. He knew what I was talking about, asked me what channel I was missing (I said CBS, which is true in L.A.), and looked up my account to verify that I had an HR44/HR54, and placed the order. I got an email later in the day verifying that an LCC was on its way, and it arrived via FedEx two days later.

This is getting worse now. Locast was used by the local channels today.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I called the regular 1-800-531-5000 number, asked the automated system for "technical support" and then "missing channels." When I got to a live agent, I just said I wanted to order a Local Channel Connector. He knew what I was talking about, asked me what channel I was missing (I said CBS, which is true in L.A.), and looked up my account to verify that I had an HR44/HR54, and placed the order. I got an email later in the day verifying that an LCC was on its way, and it arrived via FedEx two days later.
    Thank you... I called around 4 this evening and it will arrive tomorrow via FedEx before 10:00 am. They must be really trying to retain customers.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Thank you for the awesomeness of your post. I called around 7pm eastern time and I received my LCC before noon the next day. It was pleasant to have someone on the phone who already knew exactly how to deal with the question at hand. Again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    This is getting worse now. Locast was used by the local channels today.
    Phoenix is not a LoCast city.

I spoke with “Bernard” and the LCC is coming via FedEx/UPS in 24/48 hrs.

As of this morning, the CBS stations involved in the dispute are back to having individual feeds, rather than the slate that was up.
    Is there any confirmation that they are back live?

[EDIT] Here it is: CBS and A Cable
    Last edited by Tom Speer; 08-08-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

I just got an email from CBS 4 Denver:
    “I’m happy to advise CBS and AT&T/DirecTV reached a new content carriage agreement this morning, so you should be able to see CBS4 on your TV now.”