Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YES! Thursday Night NFL in 4K

Altice has chimed in they will be carrying it also

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Toma View Post
    You are right. And Fox itself has not yet announced any 4K for Thursday Night Football .
    Well they have broadcast rights, so if its in 4k, they are broadcasting it.

Another provider has listed the games, so looks like it is real.
    4K Live Sports and Events - Updated 7/19/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    4K | Optimum Internet, TV and Phone - Connect More

Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    Well they have broadcast rights, so if its in 4k, they are broadcasting it.

Another provider has listed the games, so looks like it is real.
    4K Live Sports and Events - Updated 7/19/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
    4K | Optimum Internet, TV and Phone - Connect More

Looks as if Altice will be carrying 6 of the 11 4K games. Wonder - why not carry all 11 4K Thursday Night Football games. They WILL be very popular!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Toma View Post
    Looks as if Altice will be carrying 6 of the 11 4K games. Wonder - why not carry all 11 4K Thursday Night Football games. They WILL be very popular!!
    They may do them all just didn’t release a schedule past October My cable company also for some reason only lists there 4K coverage for a month or two at a time also

I am just waiting on confirmation that my cable company is covering them and if they are then dropping Directv

So I am assuming blackouts here in NY? Always happens.

This isn't the MLB where TBS, ESPN and MLBN games get blacked out to protect local telecasts.

FOX's Thursday Night Football games are national telecasts simulcasted with the NFL Network (and shared with Amazon Prime who produces their own streaming telecast), they aren't subject to local blackout. Even ESPN is blackout free in the home markets where Monday Night Football has OTA simulcasts.

DirecTV hasn't posted their September 4K schedule yet, but other providers, including ones like Altice/Optimum who had their renewal prior to the latest Fox/AT&T renewal, already confirmed they are carrying them. (Altice's contract with Fox was renewed in early October, AT&T/DirecTV's was renewed in late November, while FuboTV's Fox deal was made in early 2017) So there's no reason to believe they aren't part of DirecTV's deal with Fox.
    Last edited by kyl416; 08-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    This isn't the MLB where TBS, ESPN and MLBN games get blacked out to protect local telecasts.

FOX's Thursday Night Football games are national telecasts simulcasted with the NFL Network (and shared with Amazon Prime who produces their own streaming telecast), they aren't subject to local blackout. Even ESPN is blackout free in the home markets where Monday Night Football has OTA simulcasts.

DirecTV hasn't posted their September 4K schedule yet, but other providers, including ones like Altice/Optimum who had their renewal prior to the latest Fox/AT&T renewal, already confirmed they are carrying them. (Altice's contract with Fox was renewed in early October, AT&T/DirecTV's was renewed in late November, while FuboTV's Fox deal was made in early 2017) So there's no reason to believe they aren't part of DirecTV's deal with Fox.
    You are mixing blackout rules. Local teams have channels that broadcast games and those blackout national channels.

This National FOX providing a 4K channel that is in direct competition with the local FOX stations. Local FOX can say you don't have the right to broadcast it in our market. Local FOX stations own all FOX broadcasting rights in their markets. This can be waived, but they want something for the lost revenue.

I'm actually looking at the master NFL schedule right now on Fox's password protected partner/affiliate site, there are NO blackouts for these Thursday night games. (And yes, that includes the 4K feeds)

Others can vouch for my track record if you don't want to believe what I have access to when it comes to information like this. (i.e. I was the one who provided Fox's 4K schedule for NASCAR, NCAA and MLB over at DBSTalk months before it was posted to FuboTV's, DirecTV's or Altice's site)
    Last edited by kyl416; 08-15-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    I'm actually looking at the master NFL schedule right now on Fox's password protected partner/affiliate site, there are NO blackouts for these Thursday night games. (And yes, that includes the 4K feeds)

Others can vouch for my track record if you don't want to believe what I have access to when it comes to information like this. (i.e. I was the one who provided Fox's 4K schedule for NASCAR, NCAA and MLB over at DBSTalk months before it was posted to FuboTV's, DirecTV's or Altice's site)
    I'm not saying they will or will not be blacked out, just that the local stations have the right to blackout the 4k broadcast if it comes from FOX. I hope FOX resolves it beforehand so it doesn't end up like the World Cup.

Give it a break guys. You don't need to argue/debate this to the last word. Most of us simply don't care what the super duper technical what if maybe details might be. We just care if a game doesn't show up on our screen, and if that happens, then we can try to figure out the why behind it.