Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: AT&T Contract with Disney owned stations is up

  1. #11
    Senior Member Hookemfins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    557
    According to The Streamable, the appears to be a deal in place.

    AT The Streamable

  2. #12
    AT&T just removed the Disney message from AT&T TV Promise - DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, U-verse

  3. #13
    Senior Member MysteryMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,549
    If a deal has been made AT&T can refocus negotiating with Northwest. We lost our local FOX and MNT stations back in February.
    DIRECTV customer since 1995.

  4. #14
    Edgecutter prushing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    819
    Good news

  5. #15
    Even though nothing has been announced in regards to an official deal on 9/25 ACC Network was added to U-Verse TV and AT&T TV Now (Max package). When I checked the AT&T TV Now website it didn't show ACC Network so I reactivated my old account for a 7 day free trial and it was on there to my surprise. I honestly thought AT&T TV Now would have treated the ACC Network in the same manner it does the Longhorn Network (availability based on zip) but apparently not.

    So with D* I need Sports Pack or Premier to get ACC Network but with AT&T TV Now I just need the Max package. Seems odd considering with my zip I can't view Longhorn Network on AT&T TV Now but on D* I can with Sports Pack or Premier but ACC Network seems to be available to all with at least Max pkg.

  6. #16
    Edgecutter prushing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by techguy88 View Post
    Even though nothing has been announced in regards to an official deal on 9/25 ACC Network was added to U-Verse TV and AT&T TV Now (Max package). When I checked the AT&T TV Now website it didn't show ACC Network so I reactivated my old account for a 7 day free trial and it was on there to my surprise. I honestly thought AT&T TV Now would have treated the ACC Network in the same manner it does the Longhorn Network (availability based on zip) but apparently not.

    So with D* I need Sports Pack or Premier to get ACC Network but with AT&T TV Now I just need the Max package. Seems odd considering with my zip I can't view Longhorn Network on AT&T TV Now but on D* I can with Sports Pack or Premier but ACC Network seems to be available to all with at least Max pkg.
    ACCN is a national channel. It's just like the SECN, you can watch it anywhere.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    ACCN is a national channel. It's just like the SECN, you can watch it anywhere.
    No, it's not. SECN is available nationally on a tier. ACCN requires you live in an ACC market to get it on a tier, or you need the sports pack. It's essentially a longhorn network on steroids.

    Which package has ACCN?

    Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
    Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK
    Solved: ACC on DIRECTV – Channel Info and FAQs - AT&T Community

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hancox View Post
    No, it's not. SECN is available nationally on a tier. ACCN requires you live in an ACC market to get it on a tier, or you need the sports pack. It's essentially a longhorn network on steroids.



    Solved: ACC on DIRECTV – Channel Info and FAQs - AT&T Community
    Actually I asked my friend and he said internally their guidance for DirecTV was updated to remove the state requirement. He told me the internal guidance page for agents now says:

    DirecTV: Choice or above or with Sports Pack / Max (base package that new customers can order online for $130/mo same exact # of channels as the AT&T TV Now version)
    U-Verse: U200/U200LA (in market) or U300/U300LA (out of market) (He said page no longer tells them what constitutes as in or out of market for any TV service)
    AT&T TV Now: Max / Choice or above (TV Now versions of the D* satellite packages that are priced the same as their satellite counterparts with no RSN fee.)
    AT&T TV: Choice or above / Max (base package that new customers can order online for $130/mo) (AT&T TV does have the RSN fee for Choice & above / Max base packages - Trial markets currently)

    He told me he would get more clarification on this as there seems to be conflicting info for D* satellite subs with the online forum post. He said the online forum post was correct when ACC Network was exclusive to the DirecTV platform but it is possible something could have changed with the Disney negotiations.

    He said if anyone outside of the ACC market area (Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia) has Choice, Xtra or Ultimate without Sports Pack can now check to see if they get ACC Network on 612 that would instantly clear things up.
    Last edited by techguy88; 10-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by techguy88 View Post
    Actually I asked my friend and he said internally their guidance for DirecTV was updated to remove the state requirement. He told me the internal guidance page for agents now says:

    DirecTV: Choice or above or with Sports Pack / Max (base package that new customers can order online for $130/mo same exact # of channels as the AT&T TV Now version)
    U-Verse: U200/U200LA (in market) or U300/U300LA (out of market) (He said page no longer tells them what constitutes as in or out of market for any TV service)
    AT&T TV Now: Max / Choice or above (TV Now versions of the D* satellite packages that are priced the same as their satellite counterparts with no RSN fee.)
    AT&T TV: Choice or above / Max (base package that new customers can order online for $130/mo) (AT&T TV does have the RSN fee for Choice & above / Max base packages - Trial markets currently)

    He told me he would get more clarification on this as there seems to be conflicting info for D* satellite subs with the online forum post. He said the online forum post was correct when ACC Network was exclusive to the DirecTV platform but it is possible something could have changed with the Disney negotiations.

    He said if anyone outside of the ACC market area (Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia) has Choice, Xtra or Ultimate without Sports Pack can now check to see if they get ACC Network on 612 that would instantly clear things up.
    I wouldn't be shocked if the ACC network is actually a wedge, of sorts, in these negotiation, so movement here is a good thing, agreements-wise.

    I'm out of the footprint, so i will check tonight.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by hancox View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if the ACC network is actually a wedge, of sorts, in these negotiation, so movement here is a good thing, agreements-wise.

    I'm out of the footprint, so i will check tonight.
    Cool. I know with AT&T TV Now (formally DirecTV Now) I was never able to view Longhorn Network when I tried out the service despite the channel showing as part of the packages (I'm out of area for it.)

    On D* I get it because I have Premier. I've always had the ACC Network at launch because of the Premier package but I am out of market where I live in Ohio. When I tried out AT&T TV Now this past week for a 7 day free trial I was able to view the ACC Network despite being outside of its market. So at least on AT&T TV Now I was able to confirm personally you don't need to be in market to watch ACC Network on that platform.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •