Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AT&T Contract with Disney owned stations is up

I have Ultimate pkg. I could not find the ACC chan the other night to watch the Noles game. I do have the ESPN app on my iPhone. I was looking at it on my phone and saw I had like 10 minute free trial. I also saw a place to touch to login with my tv provider. So for the heck of it I did just that and it worked fine! So I cast it from my phone to my tv and watched it that way as I was in a hurry and didnt want to waste any more time looking for it on sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    I have Ultimate pkg. I could not find the ACC chan the other night to watch the Noles game. I do have the ESPN app on my iPhone. I was looking at it on my phone and saw I had like 10 minute free trial. I also saw a place to touch to login with my tv provider. So for the heck of it I did just that and it worked fine! So I cast it from my phone to my tv and watched it that way as I was in a hurry and didnt want to waste any more time looking for it on sat.
    The ACC Network is on channel 612 it is right after the SEC Network on 611.

There is also the ACC Extra Network (ACCNX) that is only available through WatchESPN which shows ACC games that are not available on the channel however your provider must carry the actual ACC Network and you must subscribe to it to view ACCNX content.

If you were able to watch ACC Network through the ESPN app using your DirecTV login credentials then you should be able to go to channel 612 and watch ACC Network on your DirecTV as well.

the supposed cost is $1 per sub in ACC footprint and $.50 outside of ACC footprint

I bet Directv didn't want to pay that for everyone and only for the people who wanted it.

Okay I have gotten official word back from some friends that work at the local AT&T (formally DirecTV) O&O call center and here is the official availability of the ACC Network on AT&T video services.

• DirecTV: Nationally via Choice, Xtra, Ultimate & Premier base packages or with Sports Pack add-on
      Family, Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra and all Grandfathered packages require Sports Pack add-on to receive ACC Network
    • AT&T TV: All trial markets via Choice, Xtra, Ultimate and Max base packages
    • AT&T TV Now: Nationally via Max, Choice, Xtra & Ultimate base packages.
      Nationally via Grandfathered base packages Just Right, Go Big and Gotta Have It All.
    • U-Verse TV: Minimal base package depends on territory:
      U200/U200LA in ACC markets: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia (where U-Verse TV is available)
      U300/U300LA: Non-ACC markets where U-Verse TV is available.
      Not available in Grandfathered packages like U400

Like what most recent deals Disney made with other providers have resulted in, ESPN Classic is being dropped on 11/30

Luckily this is the first year that ESPN Classic doesn't have any regular live games scheduled. (It helps that Disney can now use FX for things like UFC pre-shows when there's a conflict with NCAA Football on all the other channels, when before a game would get bumped to ESPN Classic)
    Last edited by kyl416; 10-31-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    Like what most recent deals Disney made with other providers have resulted in, ESPN Classic is being dropped on 11/30

Luckily this is the first year that ESPN Classic doesn't have any regular live games scheduled. (It helps that Disney can now use FX for things like UFC pre-shows when there's a conflict with NCAA Football on all the other channels, when before a game would get bumped to ESPN Classic)
    What is Classic anymore? Is it ESPNews? I thought when News came about Classic was moved and basically not on any carriers.

About a decade ago ESPN made an offer to providers to have ESPN Classic and ESPNU swap packages so ESPNU would be in more homes. ESPN Classic continued with classic sports and the occasional live event when all the other channels were occupied, along with having the "sounds of the game" telecast for the NCAA Megacasts.

Up until about two years ago ESPN Classic was still available on most providers except Dish, but as new deals were signed they called for dropping ESPN Classic. Optimum and Comcast in some states dropped it back in 2017, FiOS dropped it earlier this year, Charter dropped it earlier this month, while Cox will be dropping it tommorow.