Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Satellite D15 Discussion

  1. #21
    Super Moderator Tom Speer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Adirondack Mtns, NY and Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,499
    New TLE data is in for DirecTV 15. It is currently at 102.84, in an orbit that swings north and south too much. I haven't analyzed the data any more than that yet.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Tom Speer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Adirondack Mtns, NY and Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,499
    That was a neat parking job! In Geosynchronous orbit, with an eccentricity of 0.0000415. It appears that the North/South excursions are still within its box. D15 is home!
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Speer View Post
    That was a neat parking job! In Geosynchronous orbit, with an eccentricity of 0.0000415. It appears that the North/South excursions are still within its box, but it is just slightly east of where it should be.

    I imagine someone at some old satellite company like Hughes wrote a program decades ago that let you input the starting and desired ending location, the specific impulse of the satellite's thrusters, its mass, and other relevant info and it spits out optimal instructions for exactly when to start to a burn, for how long, etc. to complete these maneuvers.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Tom Speer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Adirondack Mtns, NY and Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,499
    I revised my post. It is within it's box.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    376
    Ok great ...

    So the 103(ca) tps. 1- 8 signal levels watch formally begins? ...

  6. #26
    Edgecutter inkahauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,186
    I wonder if it will be this week... or next... I’m not anxious for that at all, I swear. I’d bet the other stars channels come online soon afterward it lights up.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by inkahauts View Post
    I wonder if it will be this week... or next... I’m not anxious for that at all, I swear. I’d bet the other stars channels come online soon afterward it lights up.
    We already know what will be coming from those new transponders since they mapped test feeds for them. TPN 1-7 are dupes of the D7S (119) national channels, TPN 8 is the Puerto Rican channels from SW2.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    We already know what will be coming from those new transponders since they mapped test feeds for them. TPN 1-7 are dupes of the D7S (119) national channels, TPN 8 is the Puerto Rican channels from SW2.
    I'm curious if they will later reorganize those seven mirrors from 119, since between being in MPEG4 and having more bandwidth in the Ka transponders they could probably fit those in three transponders without difficulty. Are they taking the output of the MPEG2 muxes and transcoding to MPEG4, rather than passing them through separate MPEG4 muxes and that's why they are doing it this way? Lots of wasted/unused bandwidth...doing it like that didn't matter on reverse band since they couldn't use those transponders for something else, but Ka is a different story.

    Ditto for the SW2 transponder. Unless they really have a full transponder's worth of stuff, they could probably find some slack space on other NAT+PR transponders to fit in these SD channels.
    Last edited by slice1900; 09-27-2019 at 09:37 AM.

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Doctor j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    557
    D4s appears to be on the move.
    I thought it was going to graveyard but below GeoSynchrony at 35,629 x 35682 Km
    Moving East at ~ 1.65 degrees per day

    ???
    Doctor j

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor j View Post
    D4s appears to be on the move.
    I thought it was going to graveyard but below GeoSynchrony at 35,629 x 35682 Km
    Moving East at ~ 1.65 degrees per day

    ???
    Doctor j
    First saw that from a poster on satelliteguys ("nelson61") ...

    Thought it may have been a corrupted early TLE then. But the latest second TLE confirmed T4S's sub-synchronous orbit this way

    Haven't go a clue as to what's happening with it ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •