Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now we might lose Sinclair group stations

Quote Originally Posted by slice1900 View Post
    When we first heard of the LCC (about two years ago) it was from someone posting an internal Directv memo of some sort which indicated that support for it on the HS27 & HS37 would be coming as part of the DFW Project. Since we haven't seen an HS27 yet, let alone an HS37, plans have probably changed.

One key difference between the HR44/HR54 and HS17 is that the HS17 uses an ARM CPU, all the older stuff uses a MIPS CPU. It could be as simple as not having a driver available for ARM, and not being willing to pay the OEM of the LCC to write an ARM driver.
    Hello slice 1900, At the moment I seem to be in a bit of a playful mood. Would the cost of the HS17 driver considered to be an "ARM & A LEG"? lol Also without the driver could the situation be considered "UNARMED"? lol

Person Non Gratis
    Stephenson earned $29,100,000 last year. So he could give up a few hours of salary, I'd bet they could get someone to write a driver for $25,000 or less. Especially if they outsourced it to one of the countries where thy've outsource call center folks to.

Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Stephenson earned $29,100,000 last year. So he could give up a few hours of salary, I'd bet they could get someone to write a driver for $25,000 or less. Especially if they outsourced it to one of the countries where thy've outsource call center folks to.
    With all the issues At&t has, I would be surprised if they ever release a new box that doesn't stream. Satelite is dead in At&t's eyes and the investors want them to dump DYV. I would think there may be a freeze on new hardware. No news on the HS27 & HS37 rumors from years ago. Who knows, but it does seem like they have slowed down or stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by prushing View Post
    With all the issues At&t has, I would be surprised if they ever release a new box that doesn't stream. Satelite is dead in At&t's eyes and the investors want them to dump DYV. I would think there may be a freeze on new hardware. No news on the HS27 & HS37 rumors from years ago. Who knows, but it does seem like they have slowed down or stopped.
    Other than allowing more simultaneous 4K channels (which is pointless with the dearth of 4K) or having a bigger hard drive, there isn't anything that an HS27 could improve on over an HS17 anyway (other than the longshot possibility of something being nonstandard about the USB port in the original HS17)

82 Markets have Alerts about possible Channel Loss from Sinclair Dispute

Doctor j

So... according to AT&T the big sticking point in negotiations between them is Sinclair is trying to bundle Marquee Sports Network in this agreement (media is reporting Sinclair is asking $4/sub for this channel) and to bundle the Fox Sports RSN & Yes Network into this agreement despite AT&T having a long term agreement to carry those networks as part of their agreement reached with Old Fox in 2018.

I’m sorry to all those who have lost their stations but I hope att doesn’t cave and says KMA to carrying the Cubs channel just as they have the Dodgers channel and they also have zero reason to renegotiate the rsns agreement. They just want a lot more money and fast, and if all contracts expire at the same time it gives them more leverage. Forget it. Not having those channels will hurt Sinclair more than DIRECTV in the long run.

Sinclair took down the message telling people to switch on their stations' websites and replaced it with this:
    https://keepmycontent.com/
    Thank you for being a loyal Sinclair viewer. We continue to work with AT&T to maintain access to our programming.

Although the deadline was 5pm yesterday, programming is still up on Sinclair stations here, but last I saw the deal isn't done yet. I suspect Sinclair and AT&T did not want to ruin viewers weekend football games, college and pros. And I do share the sentiment that enough is enough and AT&T should not cave.

Not sure what's going on here either AT&T plans on removing the Alerts channel or re-purposing its space for a PPV channel. My Alerts channel for my Sinclair station is now saying "Upcoming: Rocketman" then at 8:30am has the PPV movie "Rocketman" scheduled and it is now asking me to purchase the movie for $5.99 for 2 days. This is how the guide looks online:

e9bbe24a50e55ab48d46ebaacbe7d262.jpg