Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Edgecutter Exclusive Review: DIRECTV "5D2RB" Reverse Band LNB

Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    Wasn't the issue some STB's couldn't handle all the SWM channels so although 21 tuners are supported, some users won't be able to have all the tuners feeding signals with the older SWM channels only?
    I don't know of SWiM receivers that couldn't handle the old SWiM.

The H/HR2x line, in legacy mode, "had to" have hardware that would work up to 2150 MHz.

The H25 is the only "H" that was SWiM only. so it might have issues above the old 1700 MHz.

As eluded to earlier the SD SWiM compatible hardware "may" have issues.

So ^ is the hardware, which then leaves the firmware.

For any receiver to work with the DSWM, it has to "know" the channels are now spaced twice as close as before.

This is the same regardless of 13 tuners or 21 tuners.

"clearly" the waters are muddy over all of this and "someone" should come out and clears this up.
    aka VOS

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Bell View Post
    I don't know of SWiM receivers that couldn't handle the old SWiM.

The H/HR2x line, in legacy mode, "had to" have hardware that would work up to 2150 MHz.

The H25 is the only "H" that was SWiM only. so it might have issues above the old 1700 MHz.

As eluded to earlier the SD SWiM compatible hardware "may" have issues.

So ^ is the hardware, which then leaves the firmware.

For any receiver to work with the DSWM, it has to "know" the channels are now spaced twice as close as before.

This is the same regardless of 13 tuners or 21 tuners.

"clearly" the waters are muddy over all of this and "someone" should come out and clears this up.
    I wasn't clear. I meant the older receivers can't handle the new channels so by limiting tuner count at installation, it overcomes problems. The new DSWM is 21 tuners but if someone had that many tuners and the older 2 tuner receivers were in the mix, they couldn't record some of them sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NR4P View Post
    I wasn't clear. I meant the older receivers can't handle the new channels so by limiting tuner count at installation, it overcomes problems. The new DSWM is 21 tuners but if someone had that many tuners and the older 2 tuner receivers were in the mix, they couldn't record some of them sometimes.
    you weren't clear because it doesn't make sense.

The only case could be the SD receivers that were SWiM compatible.
    ANY H/HR2x has a tuner that can handle the frequencies of 21 tuner DSWM
    aka VOS

Edgecutter
    what is the correct revision for the latest reverse band LNB. I see the following SL3S4NR2-14 for sale along with ones that end in -00, -01, etc

Quote Originally Posted by azarby View Post
    what is the correct revision for the latest reverse band LNB. I see the following SL3S4NR2-14 for sale along with ones that end in -00, -01, etc
    3D2LNBR0-02

SL3's are the old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerFL View Post
    3D2LNBR0-02

SL3's are the old stuff.
    The LNB part number you cited is not the reverse band LNB. The correct part number is 3D2RBLNBR0-01

Perhaps the question should be "how pre-Genie?".

It doesn't make [any] sense to have a tuner count of 21 IF it only applies to Genies AND you can only have one per account.
    Unless they are building this knowing what is coming, and what is coming will be able a dvr that is able to use say 21 tuners.... As far fetched as it may sound, i wouldn't be one bit surprised if that type of thing hits. At least 1the same 16 as dish has. It would really all be up to what chips there are I think to see how many tuners it might be able to use.

Here is my question though, can they fit this new 21 tuner swim stack in with full moca 2 bandwidth specs somehow? Because I kind of expect the next thing to use moca 2 type specs.... I expect this because I expect the next boxes to do more than 3 clients at a time, and also do more than one 4k stream at a time.

I have also wondered if this 21 tuners was also partially designed for bars and such who only use h25s really....

you weren't clear because it doesn't make sense.

The only case could be the SD receivers that were SWiM compatible.
    ANY H/HR2x has a tuner that can handle the frequencies of 21 tuner DSWM
    I wonder if hr22's could be an issue?

I also wonder, do we know if that firmware has been update in all NR boxes to be able to see and work with the different frequencies? I would assume so since you'd need that even if you are only using 1 tuner right?

Quote Originally Posted by inkahauts View Post
    Here is my question though, can they fit this new 21 tuner swim stack in with full moca 2 bandwidth specs somehow? Because I kind of expect the next thing to use moca 2 type specs.... I expect this because I expect the next boxes to do more than 3 clients at a time, and also do more than one 4k stream at a time.
    Going to MoCa 2 will expand the 550-600 MHz to 500-600 MHz.
    Zero effect on SWiM band.
    aka VOS

Quote Originally Posted by inkahauts View Post
    I wonder if hr22's could be an issue?

I also wonder, do we know if that firmware has been update in all NR boxes to be able to see and work with the different frequencies? I would assume so since you'd need that even if you are only using 1 tuner right?
    While the 22 has a lower "bottom end", it has the same top end.
    Once again, this has nothing to do with 13 or 21 tuners.

Firmware could be an issue, but "we" haven't found it.

The only hardware "that might be" an issue would be "SWiM only" [H25 & HR34], but even these would seem "highly unlikely".
    aka VOS