Page 161 of 172 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1715

Thread: Transponder Maps ~ Data 1/22/2020

Weekly Analysis of the 11/20/2019 Data

The attached Analysis Excel provides Complete Change Detail
    Attached Files Attached Files

In addition to NHK World, some other changes:

Mankato's new NBC affiliate KMNF-LD, which is launching on 12/1, is now in test mode. (Right now they get a remap of KARE Minneapolis)

Due to a transmission line fire last week, WHIO Dayton has been temporarily replaced with a remap of WCBS. They are currently testing their aux facility, so WHIO should return in the near future.

Streaming apps for Sesame Street and Holiday Countdown are in test mode

They also cleaned up some of the D15 Puerto Rican test mirrors to remove channels Puerto Rico isn't getting like the Cantonese channels and the private Dan Patrick and Busch channels.
    Last edited by kyl416; 11-20-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    Due to a transmission line fire last week, WHIO Dayton has been temporarily replaced with a remap of WCBS. They are currently testing their aux facility, so WHIO should return in the near future...
    Could you explain this a little more?

As the current full LiL TPN map for Dayton, OH. shows nothing temporarily being mapped from WCBS (i.e., the nat. DNS feed from N.Y.?) into the Dayton market.

And the weekly update map shows a change of LiL tps. from TPN 21 on T11 (HD feed) and TPN 20 on T9S (SD feed). To TPN 15 on T11 and TPN 31 on T7S respectively.

Confused

kyl, can you confirm or deny the launch of i24 News on ch 343 this Monday, which was reported on another board...& whether it will be in HD?

Quote Originally Posted by HoTat2 View Post
    Could you explain this a little more?

As the current full LiL TPN map for Dayton, OH. shows nothing temporarily being mapped from WCBS (i.e., the nat. DNS feed from N.Y.?) into the Dayton market.

And the weekly update map shows a change of LiL tps. from TPN 21 on T11 (HD feed) and TPN 20 on T9S (SD feed). To TPN 15 on T11 and TPN 31 on T7S respectively.

Confused
    I don't think this had anything to do with a fire, but perhaps. Last week, WHIO (Dayton) was on two different transponders each on HD and SD. One transponder for Dayton, and another for Indianapolis. This week they are on one transponder for SD in bothe DMSs and another for HD in both DMAs. The interesting thing is that they moved to the transponder that the Indianapolis guide records used, but they are on an HD transponder dedicated to DAyton channels. Previously it was mixed into a Cincinnati DMA transponder. I haven't looked any farther into the history of these OHio shuffles, yet.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, Part of the DataDigesters team. A Migratory Common Loon

Quote Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
    kyl, can you confirm or deny the launch of i24 News on ch 343 this Monday, which was reported on another board...& whether it will be in HD?
    I mentioned it in the New Channels thread. It's going to be a streaming Genie app pointed to D11, TPN 3, VPID 1070 similar to Cheddar, iHeartRadio and Music Choice TV. The resolution of the stream will be dependent on your connection speed.

Also a correction, WHIO was remapped to Cincinnati's CBS affiliate last week after the fire, the change this week was them returning to their own feed after they got their Aux facility on the air. (Because of the repack, they still needed to reconstruct their aux facility for their new RF number, but since it was an emergency they got a crew to come right away to finish it) The Indianapolis record is for Wayne county where they get it as a significantly viewed neighboring local. They never got a temporary remap and continued pointing to the same feed that was probably showing a no need to call us slate until WHIO got their aux facility on air.

On a related note, the shared transmission line and antenna used by WCAX and WPTZ in Burlington VT were affected by a fire on Tuesday, however at least as of yesterday's map there was no indication of a temporary remap. According to the 399 filings, both WCAX and WHIO were using the same brand of transmitter, and in WHIO's narrative they cited a defect in that model creating an arc to cause their fire.
    Last edited by kyl416; 11-21-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Edgecutter
    Quote Originally Posted by kyl416 View Post
    I mentioned it in the New Channels thread. It's going to be a streaming Genie app pointed to D11, TPN 3, VPID 1070 similar to Cheddar, iHeartRadio and Music Choice TV. The resolution of the stream will be dependent on your connection speed.

Also a correction, WHIO was remapped to Cincinnati's CBS affiliate last week after the fire, the change this week was them returning to their own feed after they got their Aux facility on the air. (Because of the repack, they still needed to reconstruct their aux facility for their new RF number, but since it was an emergency they got a crew to come right away to finish it) The Indianapolis record is for Wayne county where they get it as a significantly viewed neighboring local. They never got a temporary remap and continued pointing to the same feed that was probably showing a no need to call us slate until WHIO got their aux facility on air.

On a related note, the shared transmission line and antenna used by WCAX and WPTZ in Burlington VT were affected by a fire on Tuesday, however at least as of yesterday's map there was no indication of a temporary remap. According to the 399 filings, both WCAX and WHIO were using the same brand of transmitter, and in WHIO's narrative they cited a defect in that model creating an arc to cause their fire.
    WCAX and WPTZ (and WNNE) are back on Directv. I can personally verify WCAX and others who are actually in the Burlington DMA can verify that WPTZ is back.

Directv just filed for another 180 day STA for T8, but the interesting thing is that they mention in the writeup they anticipate relocating it to 119 in 2020.

That's interesting - T7S currently at that location is licensed until sometime in 2021. Either they think it won't last until they shut off the CONUS MPEG2 channels (last I heard the contractual concerns that caused them to extend MPEG2's life are in place until the latter part of 2021) or they want a long lived (T8 has fuel life until 2034) satellite at 119 to keep those transponders out of Dish's hands.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....rC/File+Number

Yeah ....

I wonder if AT&T/DIRECTV plans for some sort of strictly MDU or commercial type service from 119W mainly to keep those 11 DBS transponder licenses away from DISH. And also justify the continued, though at very low volume levels of course, production and distribution of the legacy SL-5RB LNBF?

If they are going to use 119 for something, D8 (T8) which only has RHCP transponders ( odd TPN numbers), would be able to replace all of the spot beam TPNs being shutdown on D7S. D7S would have to continue providing the LHCP (even) TPNs. We will have to wait and see what the business purpose will be.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, Part of the DataDigesters team. A Migratory Common Loon