Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1556

Thread: Transponder Maps ~ Data 10/16/2019

  1. #1441
    Super Moderator Tom Speer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Adirondack Mtns, NY and Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,414
    There is no longer any reference to Net 2 in the NIT. I don't know if there is a lingering reference in the receiver software.
    I suppose there is, in the description of a LNB5.

    The other big change is that channels 100 and 125 are gone. 125 is now a hybrid interactive channel (IP based). No more chatty lady talking about the movies.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

  2. #1442
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Posts
    393
    200 and 201 are gone too, 125 now takes you to the Cinema On Demand channel. They also added a mirror of the Kids Mix to channel 100, perhaps getting ready to clear 199 for whatever, if anything, they plan to do with the 180s-190s block?

    They also left 157-158 clear for the seasonal CINEHD channels that will return in October when they no longer need the Extra Innings Game Mix.
    Last edited by kyl416; 08-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.

  3. #1443
    Super Moderator Gary Toma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    484
    Weekly Analysis of the 8/21/2019 Data

    The Network Decoder sheet has also been updated.

    The attached Analysis Excel provides Complete Change Detail
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #1444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Speer View Post
    There is no longer any reference to Net 2 in the NIT. I don't know if there is a lingering reference in the receiver software.
    I suppose there is, in the description of a LNB5.
    Ah OK yes I expect reference to it will be deleted from receivers, though they may not bother and just wait until 119 goes away and then eliminate the references to SL5 LNBs entirely.

  5. #1445
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    365
    Hmmm...

    So they reduced the FEC data redundancy rate from 40% to 20% on the Ka LiL spotbeam tps. for the LA local market (i.e.,TIDs 142, 144, 145).

    Suppose they maybe need to reduce the required bandwidth of those three LIL tp. transport streams to eventually accommodate the four remaining MPEG-2 SD local stations in this market still without A3 SD/HD versions?

    Specifically KSCI 18, KVME 20, KVCR 24, and KILM 64. ...

  6. #1446
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by HoTat2 View Post
    Hmmm...

    So they reduced the FEC data redundancy rate from 40% to 20% on the Ka LiL spotbeam tps. for the LA local market (i.e.,TIDs 142, 144, 145).

    Suppose they maybe need to reduce the required bandwidth of those three LIL tp. transport streams to eventually accommodate the four remaining MPEG-2 SD local stations in this market still without A3 SD/HD versions?

    Specifically KSCI 18, KVME 20, KVCR 24, and KILM 64. ...
    I imagine they are tweaking the FEC ratio on spot beams occasionally, as markets add new channels or in this case need to add dupe some MPEG2 SD locals. They have some that are 8PSK 2/3 so those spot beams aren't even cranked up as high as some.

  7. #1447
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by slice1900 View Post
    I imagine they are tweaking the FEC ratio on spot beams occasionally, as markets add new channels or in this case need to add dupe some MPEG2 SD locals.
    BUT, those few (SD) Ka dupes would be added though, in MPEG4 (SD), correct? So since in this case we're only talking 4 SD MPEG4 channels, shouldn't those take up but a minimum of extra space?

  8. #1448
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
    BUT, those few (SD) Ka dupes would be added though, in MPEG4 (SD), correct? So since in this case we're only talking 4 SD MPEG4 channels, shouldn't those take up but a minimum of extra space?
    Yes, the ones on 99/103 spot beams will be MPEG4 SD. There are already a lot of such dupes and AFAIK fully covered the spot beams on 119, guess they are doing the spot beams on 101 now. Maybe this is an indication they plan to shut those MPEG2 SD spot beams down sooner rather than later.

  9. #1449
    Edgecutter
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    318
    I spoke to someone on chat, who claims to have spoke to someone who "knows" - so take that where it came from, but...

    they said that ACC Network, channel 612 should become active at 6pm ET tonight. The official launch is at 7pm.

  10. #1450
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Posts
    393
    DirecTV did the same thing for the SEC Network when it debuted, they had the channel go live shortly before the evening launch.

    EDIT: As of 6pm ET it's now live with the ACC slideshow
    Last edited by kyl416; 08-22-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •