Page 149 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1556

Thread: Transponder Maps ~ Data 10/16/2019

I'm in Ohio and ACCN is working for me but I have Premier at the moment. Normally with any other package I would need the Sports Pack to get ACCN.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Sep 04 2019

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

Comparison of Transponder Data for Sep 04 2019 vs Aug 28 2019:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

Streams (PIDs) National Spot Beam
    Count Change Count Change
    4K Live 3
    HD Live 267 7 1400 1
    A3 SD Live 140 -5 198
    DSS SD Live 407 -3 963
    RB Live 152
    Audio 111

Streams (PIDs) National Spot Beam
    Count Change Count Change
    Push 23
    4K Test
    HD Test 1
    A3 SD Test 1
    DSS SD Test 8 3 -1
    RB Test 1
    Engr Work 137 1

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more detail.

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in Gary Toma's Weekly Analysis and Domestic TPN Map Excel files.
    Not much again this week.
    T16 supposed to arrive on station at 100.85 degrees W today.
    Transfer of D15 to T16 and move of D15 back to 103 should occur soon.
    Maybe some excitement in the near future.
    For now will have to be content with NFL channels in place and US Open Tennis channels retired till next year

Enjoy
    Your DataDigesters
    DataDigesters is a team effort of Doctor J and Tom Speer, cooperating to bring you the weekly data,

Weekly Analysis of the 9/4/2019 Data

The attached Analysis Excel provides Complete Change Detail
    Attached Files Attached Files

Alerts today for Eugene, OR, Hartford, CT and Providence RI that on 10/15/2019 Local TV service will be lost without equipment upgrade.

Doctor j

Still no rhyme or reason for the order. All three appear to be on 119 (Hartford is a bit complicated) but they're a mix of uplink facilities - Eugene is LABC the other two are ECUF which I had surmised they might want to retire as quickly as they can so they can shut it down to save money.

None of these are on my original list. I wonder if they've basically skipped those and are proceeding from later in their list, and they'll circle back and do the ones in the list last? I guess if they don't have any rhyme or reason for the order there's no reason not to do this, but I guess I'd always been assuming they'd chosen the order deliberately. If they had no reason behind it, why not do it in alphabetical order, or by DMA size?

All of the seven current upgrade alert markets receive their primary SD stations from 119. After that, the timing may be determined by the logistics of doing the upgrade.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Speer View Post
    All of the seven current upgrade alert markets receive their primary SD stations from 119. After that, the timing may be determined by the logistics of doing the upgrade.
    Tom,
    There is an 8th Alert for Medford, OR MKT #120 , also SD from 119, with same Date of 9/24/2019 as Jacksonville, FL (96) , Las Vegas, NV (108) , Lexington, KY (109) , and Springfield, MA (180).

It is an "orphan" line in the Hybrid Tab of our TPN Map.

Doctor j

The Medford alert is in *Test mode, while the other Alerts are active. For some reason they are holding back, or perhaps pulling back, on the Medford deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor j View Post
    Tom,
    There is an 8th Alert for Medford, OR MKT #120 , also SD from 119, with same Date of 9/24/2019 as Jacksonville, FL (96) , Las Vegas, NV (108) , Lexington, KY (109) , and Springfield, MA (180).

It is an "orphan" line in the Hybrid Tab of our TPN Map.

Doctor j
    Thank you Doctor, I missed Medford because I was working from a combined APG file, and sorting on the channel name. All the others are named "ALERTS". Medford was named "*ALERTS".

With Medford and Eugene turning off their SD locals, the transponder on D7S TID 24, Beam R23 can be shut down.
    Las Vegas is the only DMA on D7S TID 24, Beam R22.
    Hartford and Springfield are on D7S TID 24, Beam C31
    Providence gets one station (WEDN) as virtual from Hartford, that may be the reason it is included
    Lexington is on D7S TID 24, Beam C33, along with Knoxville, which does not yet have an alert.
    Jacksonvillle is on D7S TID 24, Beam C32, along with Savannah, which does not yet have an alert

All of the transponders mentioned above share a common frequency and polarity (TPN 25), but there are a total of 10 transponders on that TPN
    number, on different beams. But there does seem to be an emphasis on TPN25 transponders.
    Tom Speer, N2HF, the curious otter. Part of the DataDigesters team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Speer View Post
    All of the transponders mentioned above share a common frequency and polarity (TPN 25), but there are a total of 10 transponders on that TPN
    number, on different beams. But there does seem to be an emphasis on TPN25 transponders.

Good catch, that's interesting. I suppose taking them down one transponder at a time is one way to go, though the benefit of shutting down transponders one at a time escapes me. Maybe I'm missing something. But whatever, I guess that makes as much sense as doing it alphabetical or by DMA size.