Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

What are you reading?

Just finished John Sandford's Extreme Prey and I'm half-way through Deadline. After over 30 books, I'm finally caught up with Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers! I see that a new Flowers book is coming out mid-October (Escape Clause). Looking forward to it, because I really enjoy the Sandford books.

And a new Grisham book is due the end of October (The Whistler). I also just noticed there's a short, digital-only "prequel" to Rogue Lawyer that came out in March of this year, titled Partners.

Finally, if you enjoyed Caleb Carr's The Alienist and Angel of Darkness as much as I did, Michael "Harry Bosch" Connelly really likes Carr's latest, Surrender, New York:

Caleb Carr’s New Thriller Takes On Fancy Forensics

If you like Daniel Silva, The Black Widow has been out for about a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by gpg View Post
    If you like Daniel Silva, The Black Widow has been out for about a month now.
    Silva's on my "to do list". Like Sandford, he's another former journalist turned author.

Just started Sliva's first book, Unlikely Spy. A few chapters in, so far, so good!

Cool Traitor rather than spy!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Just started Sliva's first book, Unlikely Spy. A few chapters in, so far, so good!
    Hidden Content Eighter from Decatur, county seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas) Hidden Content

Six Scary Stories.

I just started reading Mycroft Holmes by (wait for it) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. It is about Sherlock's older brother, who is 23 at the time (Sherlock is a teenager and only has a very small part in what I have read so far). I have only read a few chapters so far, but it is quite intriguing. It seems that Kareem has talents much beyond basketball (although he does have a co-author).

Cool Entertaining tall tale!

Hidden Content Eighter from Decatur, county seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas) Hidden Content

I finished Unlikely Spy. It was entertaining, but not memorable, IMHO. That said, it was Silva's first book.

Cool A little life is not my kind of life!

I recently completed A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists but it is NOT my kind of life!