Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What are you reading?

Just read Off to Be the Wizard by Scott Meyer -- a computer geek discovers that reality is a computer simulation, and that he can edit the text file that controls everything. Not really knowing what he's doing, though, he attracts the attention of the authorities, and decides to go back in time to medieval England and set himself up there as a wizard.

It was a fairly quick, humorous, and enjoyable read. There are two sequels, but I've been told that they're nowhere near as good as the first book, so I'll put them low on the priority list.

Talking A Gentleman in Moscow

I really enjoyed the audible version of https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...eman-in-moscow! It really is an entertaining and informative novel about Russia!
    Hidden Content Eighter from Decatur, county seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas) Hidden Content

Red face I really enjoyed Good Omens!

Hidden Content Eighter from Decatur, county seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas) Hidden Content

Red face Finally finished Cryptomonicon!

I finally finished https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-cryptonomicon and cannot imagine it will ever be made into a move?

Red face So it appears the effectiveness of FBI in the early 20th Century is similar to now?